Tuesday, January 24, 2012

No Time for Laundry

It's my first blog post!

I'm excited because I finally did it. I've been talking about writing a blog for years and kept making excuses and putting it off. At first it was for lame reasons: I didn't know what to write about, I didn't know what to name my blog, I couldn't decide what colour the font should be.

At the end of the work day I just felt like vegging out on Facebook instead of being all productive and writey and stuff. And now I have good reasons: like a seven week old baby who doesn't believe in sleeping longer than two hours. And a five year old that needs a lot of attention. Then there's a husband who expects to be entertained. And that laundry isn't exactly going to fold itself.

But finally at 1am on a Wednesday morning, it happened. The three boys in my life are all asleep at the same time. I found a name for my blog. I picked a font colour! (I went with classic black, do you like?) The dishes are done. The Facebook news feed is slow. And the laundry...well it's not folded, but I did think about it, which is more progress than I made yesterday. So here I am.

I'm not sure what the main subject of my blog posts will be. There are so many things I could write about - my kids, my writing career, my love for all things crafty and for throwing parties. Maybe a mixture of everything. I'd like to think that people can visit my blog for fun, inspired ideas and a little bit of laughter. So sometimes I will post instructions on how to throw a Buzz Lightyear birthday party, and other times I will post about how much I hate ironing. And folding laundry.

The important thing is, I'm writing. So thanks for reading :)


2 comments:

Krystal Dadag Photography said...

Welcome to the world of blogging :)

evitagen2891 said...

I will address paragraph 2... If you can sing and dance, that will entertain both the hubby and the babies... and the laundry is fine any which way it comes out of the dryer, it doesn't need folding!
Welcome to the blog life where your biggest challenge will be to consistently update it!

Post a Comment